- Work in a beautifully designed environmentally friendly building
- Learn about the strong focus we place on low-stress patient care at lowstressvet.com
- Provide quality, compassionate patient care and 5-star service to our clients, team members, and community
- Must be motivated, team player who is passionate about this meaningful work
- Seeking someone who is dependable, loves to delight clients, and works well in a fast-paced, fun, progressive team environment
- Requires a positive and friendly attitude, great client service skills, and a desire to compassionately care for animals
- Check out what people are saying about us on Facebook and Yelp!
- Safely restrain patients using low-stress measures
- Perform x-rays
- Prep for and assist with surgeries
- Perform venipuncture
- Place IV catheters
- Maintain accurate electronic records
- Obtain patient history and educate clients about common pet health concerns
- Must cross train to perform front desk operations, all veterinary assistants/techs are scheduled to perform front desk operations on a routine basis
- Clean enclosures, feed, and walk pets
-At least 1 year of experience as a technician is preferred
-Experience with Idexx/Cornerstone a plus
-Required to lift approximately 50 lbs and work on your feet most of the day
-Available to work full-time; weekdays until 6:30 pm and Saturdays 8 am – 1 pm
– Competitive pay
– Health Insurance
– Generous pet benefits
– 401K (after 1 year)
– Paid time off
– Bereavement pay
– Pay for volunteering
– Employee Assistance Program
– $800 CE allowance, paid fear-free certification and more!
To learn more about working for our hospital, explore our website at www.southwestvetaustin.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Client Care Specialist
Amazing people work here: Come join our uniquely awesome team in delivering top notch pet care and stellar client service! If you are personable, work well with others, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you may be who we are looking for!
We are a busy hospital with a mission to deliver quality care to our patients and five-star service to our clients. We pride ourselves on our low stress, compassionate approach and are looking for a candidate who shares those values in making vet visits as pleasant as possible for all those involved #lowstressvet.
If you enjoy being part of a team and engaging in meaningful work, please don’t hesitate to apply!
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties
- This position is heavy in communication and requires a positive, approachable demeanor at all times. It is important that you understand the human-animal bond and the special relationship between people and their pets.
- Client Care Specialists are the front line for ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service at all times, including: greeting clients, weighing pets, answering phones, scheduling appointments, etc.
- This position involves sitting at a desk for several hours a day as well as moving about the hospital frequently. Lifting up to 50lbs may be required. Expectations for this role also include supporting the medical team with cleanliness, potentially basic restraint, and other duties as needed.
- Ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience excelling in a client service position. Other skills required include proficiency in basic computer skills, multi-tasking, phone etiquette, and attention to detail.
- Previous veterinary experience is a plus, but we are eager to train the right individual with a desire to learn!